February 5, 2016
Easy tips to getting organized, eating better, and dressing smart!
Talk of New Year’s resolutions is just that, talk.
But, what if I were to make it easier for you to make meaningful change in your life that would lead to even more positive adjustments? Sometimes we just over promise, over work and over indulge, and then we get to deal with all of the guilt from failure.
Well no more! Take it easy on yourself, you can do this, here’s how to start…
One of the things I love as much as decorating for the holidays, is putting it all away again. I love getting my house back in order and knowing that all of my holiday finery is clean, organized and properly stored to make next years decorating easier.
Clean out your closet
You don’t have to do every closet in your house all at once, so just pick one to start. I inevitably get a good amount of new clothing during the holidays, so I challenge myself to eliminate one piece to make room for every new piece. It helps me to keep my wardrobe from becoming an unmanageable monster.
I am not asking anyone to take their diet as seriously as me, but some simple choices can make meaningful change in the way you look and feel.
- Limit fast food to once or twice a week. Nothing will change your life faster than eliminating fast food and processed foods. Once a week is easy!
- Choose organic when shopping. Every market today has organic meat, produce and dairy. By choosing organics and non-GMO products you are making the choice to know what you are eating.
- Simple substitutions. We all dine out a great deal. Making some simple substitutions can make a big difference. Limit your carbs. Sauce/dressing on the side. Skip the bread and butter.
Dress to impress
This one is a biggie for me. Just because we live in a desert resort community does not mean that we all have to dress like slouches, all of the time.
- Choose to wear fewer T-shirts during the week. Try a sport shirt or button down with jeans or shorts. The difference is life changing!
- Wear more shoes! Leave the flip-flops at home. They are great around the house and pool but make the effort when going out, even if it’s only to the grocery store.
- Workout gear is for working out. This is true for men and ladies. Basketball shorts and tank tops for the guys and yoga pants and pullover threre-quarter zips for the ladies. These pieces look great at the gym or Pilates studio, but not as a uniform for everywhere else in your life.
You don’t have to give up comfort for style. Keep it simple but make it flattering. You will find yourself walking taller and notice that people will treat you differently when you are dressed. Clothes should make you a force to be reckoned with.
In 2015, the only resolution you have to make is to yourself. When we live better, we feel better and then we have more to give to those around us.